Monday, April 7, 2008

…um, how do you pronounce it?

I have to say that I wasn’t initially impressed with this dessert from Adriano Zumbo because it seemed a bit on the small side. And it looks a lot like the Mogador, except for the strip of orange on top.

But what it lacks in size it makes up for in taste, texture and ‘yuuummm’ factor (official scale of yumminess). I ate this layer by layer, starting from the base, which is full of crunchy hazelnut. Then, there are piped rolls of ganache, with the sweet orange complementing a more refined non-sweetened chocolate. And then there’s the dark chocolate ‘plaques’, which are crisp yet melty in the mouth. So, from an innocuous introduction, this has become one of my favourites.


But I still don’t know how to say its name. So I Googled it and found that Essaouira is a resort city in Morocco, known for its white buildings and narrow streets. And it was formerly called Mogador. Of course!


No comments:

Ooh, look at this, too...