Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Not so quiet on the cake front…

Just because I’ve been a bit slack on the blogging doesn’t mean I’ve stopped eating (god forbid!!!). In fact, since my initial purchase from the new Adriano Zumbo range, I have, at last count, had 2 more Charlotte Guadeloupes, one more Cinque Terre, an additional Homie and a Marge, and an extra Ed knocked me up. And probably some others I've forgotten about.

But here’s another new one: a millefeuille consisting of caramelised puff pastry, lime mascarpone crème, wild strawberry jelly and biscuit jaconde. It is not as complicated as the other Zumbo creations, in fact it seems downright ‘plain’, though the strawberry jelly is beautiful in texture and taste.



And have you heard? A new Zumbo café, selling chocolates and macarons, is going to open a few doors down from the shop in Balmain. It will also have coffee and ‘plated desserts’. Come and see me there – I’ll be the one camped outside the front door waiting for opening day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe good to see that you've been keeping up with your Zumbo sampling! :) I wonder how the plated desserts will look?

Anonymous said...

ahh a post about the zumbo goodness! miss bowb has dropped off the face of the planet so now i live vicariously thru you...

OohLookBel said...

hi lorraine - nothing will keep me from those cakes (I'm sure you know the feeling!).

hey chocolatesuze - we are all missing bowb! Hope I can live up to the reputation. See you at the new cafe?

Ooh, look at this, too...