Monday, March 31, 2008

...a teensy little waist (not on me though)

The wonderfully named ‘charlotte o’hara’ consists of ‘Biscuit cuillere, ginger and vanilla bavarois, lime crème, fig. basil and pistachio jelly’. Other variants of this have had a ring of raspberries rather than the meringue garland shown here. The combination of flavours is amazing.

I was dying to try this one but it was always sold out. When I finally got it, I had to wait till 9pm because the lights were out for Earth Hour and we couldn’t see what we were eating.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

**Gasp** What a stunner!
Can imagine what this pretty little number would do to the waistline - LOL!

OohLookBel said...

stickyfingers - I don't have to imagine the effect because I'm living it. Elasticised waistbands all round ('round' being the operative word!).

Lin Mei said...

How scrumdeliumtious! Are those shards of white chocolate on top? It looks heavenly and indeed waist enhancing (in a big is better manner).

I've always wanted to try a Charlotte Russe having spied it in my mother's cookbooks and her never having made ANY of the desserts! What a tease!

OohLookBel said...

LM - you should try making it yourself. It's never as hard as you think!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

where di you get that? did you make it yourself? looks so good!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This just makes it all the much harder to decide what to choose for my birthday cake! It may just have to be a sampler of everything! :lol:

OohLookBel said...

Aran - the cakes are from Adriano Zumbo Patissier. Aren't they amazing? Almost as good as yours, non?

Lorraine - get there around 11am on Saturday and take your pick. I can think of nothing better for a birthday (or any occasion at all!).

Ooh, look at this, too...