Saturday, May 17, 2008

Crafty Girl Power!


As soon as I came across these super cute clip art pics I knew I had to do something with them. The pictures are from Allison at stampinwhenican and they are just begging to be made into something vibrant and lovely.

I coloured the girls using Tombow markers, added some glittery rub-ons and mounted them on cardboard over some scrap paper. They are set into shadow box frames that will eventually be placed up my staircase (when I get around to putting some hooks in the wall).

Here is a closer look...




11 comments:

Lin Mei said...

These are adorable! Love the matching background paper and the pink cheeks on the girls. Flamenco girl makes me want to grab a fan, flick it open and start dancing.

OohLookBel said...

lin mei - correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you and hubby do a flamenco-style dance at your wedding? With a rose between your teeth?

Allison Rankin said...

These are terrific! I love what you did with them...the coloring and the paper you paired with each is just stunning! TFS!

Annapurna said...

Stunning work and great idea.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable.

Michele Kovack said...

These are so darn cute!!! Love your coloring and choices of DP!

Deb Neerman said...

What a great project!

Lin Mei said...

Belle, I think your memory must be better than ours! We used a flower during a rumba routine for our teacher but thought we ditched it for the wedding.

OohLookBel said...

hi there Allison, annapurna, smilynstef, chelemon and deb! Thanks so much for stopping by. The girls turned out so well that I think another three are on the cards. Especially now that Allison has provided even more clips for us to use.

OohLookBel said...

hi lin mei - I def. remember a flower. I may have to look up my photos to prove it!

Lin Mei said...

Belle, I'd take your word above ours any day! It is a lucky day when Hubby can remember what he ate yesterday and I did that routine so many times with and without a flower that I can't discern the final performance from all the rest! It also shows how often we've watched the wedding DVD...

Ooh, look at this, too...