Monday, November 24, 2008

I wish I was on the lounge, too...

Here's today's ration of cake from the Adriano Zumbo collection. The nice cake boy at the shop had the description of this down pat, but I was too excited by the words 'licorice', 'mango' and 'raspberry' to remember what it was.
The discs of licorice around the cake are a soft jelly, with an intense aniseed flavour - bliss if you like licorice.

The name of the cake is 'on the lounge with Zumbo' - a reference to AZ's obsession with eating licorice over mango sorbet while sitting on the couch (as described in November's Gourmet Traveller blurb on Zumbo).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Belle Stop! you're killing me! Can't wait till Sunday when I can get my hands on these goodies!

OohLookBel said...

hi reemski - sorry, I can't stop, must eat more cake. You should put a list together of the ones you want, too.

Ooh, look at this, too...