Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Zumbo cakes - go for it!

Yes, the new Adriano Zumbo cake range is out, and it’s full of the summer hues of oranges, reds and browns. I need to pace myself, so I’m limiting my cake intake to one per day, max.

There are no name tags as yet, so I’ll call the first one Pointy[1]
. It has a pistachio dacquoise base on which sits a wobbly mountain of creamy vanilla bavarois topped with an apple cider jelly summit. The jelly is studded with green apple pieces, and it’s quite alcoholic!

[1] O pointy birds, o pointy pointy,
Anoint my head, anointy-nointy

From The Man with 2 Brains


There are also some new macaron flavours – again, due to the self imposed limit, they will have to wait (although I think
Raging Yoghurt has had a go).

PS: Calling all fans - see you at Zumbo next weekend!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha you know when I saw the "Pointy" well I though I was sensing a theme with the CT too... :P

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try! nyum nyum nyum and lol at CT theme :P

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA naughty lorraine =P ooh i see the eclair is still there i cant wait for this weekend!

Anonymous said...

the new range looks fantastic ^^, All bright colours and pretty shapes! We also bought 'Pointy', as well as a few others. I don't think I can limit myself to one cake per day ~ already tried the lemon stormcloud-like thing, and am eyeing 'Pointy', and Chocolate-Caramel, and rice-pudding eclair, not to mention the macarons, with a very hungry stomach.

OohLookBel said...

hi lorraine - ooh, naughty indeed! Though last time I looked, they'd removed the CT reference to the red wine choc.

hi ffichiban - get your stomach ready for some serious cake eating!

hi chocolatesuze - it's a rice pudding eclair - looks amazing.

hi chris - you are even keener than moi! How did you find the eclair and choc caramel? That's next on the list, I think.

Anonymous said...

Haha oh really? But I quite liked the risqueness of it. Maybe it frightened off too many ppl :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Belle,

Next time you are at Zumbo, would you be able to take more photos of the new summer collection please?

The photos you took so far are making me want to visit. I'm trying to work out ahead of time what to buy, so I don't end up buying one of everything!

Thanks!
June

OohLookBel said...

hi June - your wish is my command. I will have some more photos tonight (Fri). 'have a chat Kail' is my fave so far...

Ooh, look at this, too...